So, let's talk about that 6-letter-word in the wedding world, budget.
Or another way to put it: What ridiculous amount of DIYing am I going to have to do to keep the budget down?!? XD
Yeah, our budget is going to be smaller than I would have liked...
...a lot smaller :p
Why? Well, the key thing to note here is:
Allow me to explain:
1) Foundation cracks downstairs start leaking water
2) Cracks start leaking a LOT of water...
3) Niagara Falls now resides in your rec room
4) ...and your laundry room
5) ...AND the home theater starts developing mold on the walls
6) Time to demo the drywall!
7) *cue sobbing over the mess that was once your home theater*
8) Oh look, another crack!
9) Call in contractors
10) Receive quotes and faint
11) Wake up and realize, no this is not a dream
12) Pout, but fork over the dough because your sick of bailing out your home and you want a quality job done
13) Spend the next year renovating the home theater, which would have taken the average do-it-yourself-er 2 months
14) Give up on the crown molding, leaving only parts of it on the walls and move the theater equipment back in
15) Weird spots start to appear on the ceiling...hmmm...
16) Floor starts warping in the hallway
17) GIANT PUDDLE appears in hallway
18) *cue sobbing as you realize the roof is leaking*
Pair this with my slow improvement of my spending habits and what do you get?! =
A very, very tiny wedding budget!
I knew this blog would be good for something! XD
So, what have we done to remedy this situation?
-The finance suggested getting married in Vegas by Fat Elvis -.- I was not impressed.
-A 2014 wedding is practically confirmed. We simply need more time to save up money, and as they say, time is money!
-A winter wedding is more desirable due to the across-the-board, off-season discounts with all vendors and services (Plus it's so pretty!!! :D)
-Venues that are too expensive get crossed off my list, no questions asked (There might have been some pouting however, lol)
So what does this mean for the gorgeous Boldt Castle in the Thousand Islands? A very surprising outcome, to say the least.
To be continued!