February 24, 2011

My Struggle With the Kilt

This is probably the one area that the bridal-blogland has thoroughly brainwashed me: handsome groomsmen assembles.

Whether it is dashing tuxes:

Very handsome groomsmen in tuxes.
Or fabulous colored suits:

Groomsmen in grey suits.
Or cute matching ties:


Or fun argyle socks:

Groomsmen with purple argyle socks!
Or even suspenders:

Groomsmen wearing suspenders.
All these photos capture my heart, and I start envisioning my man and how handsome he would look in a gray suit...

But every once in a while, I am reminded of my significant other's Scottish heritage, and he reminds that if he's ever getting married, :P he's going to be married in a kilt. XP

In a leg-barring kilt:

Groomsmen in kilts.*sob* *sob* *sob*

I'm sorry for all the Scottish lassies or those who love men in kilts, but I am simply not a fan.

Perhaps it's because they show off men's legs, and I really think they look kinda strange, lol. Men shouldn't have ankles, Ken dolls taught me men's calves should just melt into feet, right...right?!

Proof that Ken dolls do not have ankles!Just joking about the Ken doll XD

I have mentioned the possibility last night about wearing pants underneath to hide the hairy awfulness, (although I didn't say the "hide awfulness" part, lol) but he looked at me like I had three heads. XP I also mentioned possibly wearing pants for pictures, and he still looked at me like I had three heads. XP

*sighs* It is it so bad that I want to look at him on our one-day-may-be-existing wedding day and think he looks very handsome?! Because I think he looks handsome anyways :)

But he can make himself look pretty goofy. This is the guy that walked around on our vacation in a speedo and a bright red sunburn. XP (Sunburn was not by choice XD) He did bring normal swim trunks, but I was having so much fun I didn't care about normal photos, lol. And I love him for his free spirit and the fact that he doesn't give a damn what others think.

But would it kill him to not look like a dork when he marries me?! Why not start dying his hair bright colors again while we're at it?!

I'm sorry if I'm over-reacting, but this is just something I'll have to get over I guess. Darn you wedding-blogland!!! XP