May 23, 2010

Ahhh, the Sound of a Violin...

I love string instruments :D

They just sound gorgeous, period.

I used to play the violin back in middle school, and quitting when I got to high school was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I have my own violin now, and I hope to start my lessons again very soon!

So naturally, I would love some musicians at my wedding. They can be a bit formal however, so I think it would fit best in the ceremony and/or cocktail hour. Usually at the reception people just want to dance and have fun, and the crowd that would be there probably isn't the crowd to rock to Beethoven, XD And if I'm dancing to songs that I know and love, I want to hear the originals, so a band for the reception really wouldn't be a good fit either.

I do have a slight connection in this area, one of my sister's friends plays an instrument, and I'm hoping for a slight discount if I hire her. I'm thinking paying for her hotel room for 2 nights instead of an hourly fee since she would be traveling? Hmmm... something to keep in mind anyways...